Monday, March 22, 2010

Spring is Here and Awards!!!

I’m so excited that spring is here! Birds are chirping, flowers are blooming, and the children are enjoying playing outside. Our family tends to stay cooped up in the house when it’s cold outside! Once it warms up, though, we just can’t get enough of the outdoors! And for the first time in my life, we have a garden! My husband has been working hard preparing the soil so we can grow our own vegetables this year! I’m so excited!!

Now, it’s AWARD TIME!!

The other day, I received not just one award, but FOUR AWARDS from Pam at A Love for New Recipes! Be sure to check out her awesome blog! Thank you so much Pam!!

Here are the awards:

BEAUTIFUL BLOGGER AWARD:












SPECIAL HAPPY BLOGGERS LOVE AWARD:


















KREATIV BLOGGER AWARD:










HONEST SCRAP AWARD:












Now, I’m supposed to name seven things about myself and pass this award onto seven others, so here it goes: (Hope you enjoy!)

Seven things about myself:

1. I have a Bachelor’s Degree that I’m not even using right now. I guess you could say that I’m underemployed.

2. The closets in my house are color coded. I started this years ago when I worked at a department store and it has stuck with me ever since. It’s so much easier to find clothes this way.

3. When I was a little girl, I pretended to have my own cooking show, just like Julia Child.

4. My favorite fruit is pineapple.

5. I get distracted really easily. Really really easily. Just ask my husband.

6. I love to scrapbook, but haven’t really had time to do it in a few years. I spent $3,000 on scrapbook supplies the first year I started (Many of it still goes unused).

7. I just started a new blog, Bless Our Soles, where I plan to post about other family related things besides food. I did this so I could keep this blog purely food related! It will only take you a minute to check it out…there are only a few posts so far!

Seven bloggers I’d like to pass these awards to:

1. Megan at What Megan's Making

2. The Veggie Mom at My Veggie Table

3. Me, Myself, and Pie

4. Kitchen Koala

5. Pam at From my Motorhome to Yours

6. Kelli at Come Join Me In…

7. LeAnn at Dinner at the Osbornes

Congrats!  If I had all day, I'd choose many more blogs, but unfortunately, I have work to do! 

Also, keep checking back...I will be posting another Giveaway this week!

11 comments:

Pam said...

What a sweet post Alison..and you deserve it girl!

Hey, congrats also on starting a new blog! I will have to check it out!

It's so fun knowing more about you!

Have a great day!

xoxo

LeAnn said...

I'm honored. Thank you.

gluten free pammy said...

wow many thanks alison!!! I love doing my blog and the best is the giveaways, my new cookbook is the result of the love of cooking I have! I have just opened a new cooking blog for kids
http://cookmesomethinggoodgranny.blogspot.com/ many thanks pam

Rachel said...

Thank you so much! So sweet. =)

Simply Life said...

congrats on the awards!

Helene said...

Congratulations on your awards! Your list was fun to read...color-coding the closets sounds interesting! Maybe you should do a more specific post on that (hint, hint!!)

How did I miss that you have your own cake business?? I'm still trying to teach myself the ins and outs of baking and cake decorating but I'm actually enjoying it so much more than I thought I would.

megan said...

wow thanks for thinking of me! I'm honored :) I enjoyed reading your 7 things - especially the color coded clothes!

kitchen koala said...

Thank you! Things have been crazy over here, but when I get a chance I promise I'll pass these awards on :)

Melissa B. said...

Congrats to you and to your awardees, too! Thanks for sharing so many lovely links. SITS sent me by, and I'm glad they did!

Old Florida has New Allue

Debbie said...

Congrats on all the awards. And that is a lot of money for scrapbooking!

Anonymous said...

I colour code my closet too! Not because I worked in retail, but because I'm not very good at matching, so anything that helps me not to look dishevelled at work is a good thing.

I wish I could grow my own veggies, I used to have a small garden and I found that mixing in a healthy amount of manure before planting really helped my tomatoes take off.

And congratulations on the awards!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails