Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Blueberry Banana Pudding



My husband requested this dessert after seeing it on a local television station. I found the recipe on their website, which is located here. Everyone loved this dessert and it's so easy!



Since I have a banana allergy, I usually make a little on the side for myself without the bananas! I personally love the traditional cooked banana pudding recipe that my Grandmother made, but then again, my serving never had bananas in it, so I guess it wasn't really a "banana" pudding! The blueberries in this recipe give it a nice "POP!" If I can ever find my Grandmother's recipe, I plan to add blueberries to it! For now, my family and I will enjoy this delicious and easy recipe and I hope you enjoy it too!



Blueberry Banana Pudding


1 (5.1 ounce) box instant vanilla flavored pudding mix
1 (3.4 ounce) box instant banana cream flavored pudding mix
2 1/2 cups milk
1 (8 ounce) container sour cream
1 (16 ounce) container frozen whipped topping, thawed
6 ripe bananas
3-4 cups fresh blueberries
1 (12 ounce ) box vanilla wafers
Garnish: crushed vanilla wafers and blueberries

1. In a large bowl, combine pudding mixes and milk; whisk until smooth.
2. Add sour cream; stir until smooth.
3. Fold in whipped topping.
4. Fold in 1 cup blueberries.
5. In a trifle dish, layer one-third of pudding/berry mixture, half of the vanilla wafers, half bananas and half of remaining blueberries. Repeat layer.
6. Top with remaining one-third pudding mixture. Garnish with additional crushed vanilla wafers and blueberries.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails