Thursday, December 17, 2009
Great Teacher Gifts.....Lemon Cookies
1 box of lemon cake mix (I used Betty Crocker)
2 large eggs
1/3 cup vegetable oil
1 tsp lemon extract
1/2 cup confectioners' sugar
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
2. Sift box of lemon cake mix into large bowl (sifting is optional, but I highly recommend).
3. Add eggs, oil, and lemon extract. Mix Well.
4. At this point, you can refrigerate the dough for about an hour if desired. While this is not necessary, I had good results with this. If not refrigerating, continue to next step.
5. Roll dough into tablespoon size balls. Drop balls of dough into confectioners' sugar and roll around until lightly covered.
6. Put them on an ungreased cookie sheet (I used parchment paper).
7. Bake for 8-10 minutes in preheated oven. The bottoms should be golden brown, but the insides should be soft.