The schools were on a two hour delay today because they were forecasting snow. It didn’t snow as I expected, but it was nice to sleep in a little this morning! Maybe we’ll see some snow before winter ends!
Chocolate Chip Cookies that Crunch
2 ¼ cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 cup (2 sticks) butter, melted
¾ cup light brown sugar
¼ cup white sugar
1 (3.4 ounce) package instant vanilla pudding mix (I either use vanilla or French vanilla)
1 egg yolk
1 tablespoon vanilla
2 cups semisweet chocolate chips
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
2. In a medium bowl, sift flour and baking soda. Set aside.
3. In a large bowl, cream together butter, brown sugar, and white sugar.
4. Beat in instant pudding mix.
5. Beat in eggs and vanilla.
6. Add flour mixture and stir well.
7. Stir in chocolate chips and drop dough onto cookie sheet lined with parchment paper. (Or ungreased cookie sheet if you don’t have parchment paper).
8. Bake for 8-10 minutes in preheated oven.
By the way, Macey usually helps me when I bake cookies. She BEGS to help me in the kitchen. I have to say no when I’m baking for a customer, but I let her help when we are eating it! Her favorite job is sifting flour! She wanted to pose with the cookie dough tonight!! :)
...And she insisted that I take a close-up shot of her hands holding some of the dough! She has been watching me way too much...she's going to be a food blogger when she grows up :)